Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins


Pinterest is possibly the greatest thing ever. I was on the quest to find something to make ahead for breakfast in the mornings, or a snack when I'm hungry. I came across these pumpkin muffins that literally have two ingredients; yellow cake mix and a large can of pumpkin.

 I picked up a box of sugar free yellow cake

I know it only calls for yellow cake mix, but I also added some ground flax seed. Maybe 1/4 of a cup. I honestly just dumped some in from the container, no measurements. 
I also did the same for wheat germ. I just dumped a good amount on top of the flax seed.
I mixed it together well

Then, I began to add the pumpkin little by little until the entire can was mixed in well.
Since I added the extra dry ingredients, I added a little bit of applesauce. I'm not sure if I needed it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. 


I forgot pictures of this step but I put them in muffin tins and baked at 350 for 25 minutes. I ended up baking them for almost 30 minutes because they were still pretty sticky. The last batch, I added some chopped walnuts. Best. Decision. Ever. They turned out amazing and tasty. Best of all? They are so much better for you than regular muffins. 



No comments:

Post a Comment