Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

My Fur Babies



Being that Matthew and I are still pretty young, babies aren’t in the card for us right now. However, we do have two little fur babies that I wanted to brag about! So let the proud mama bragging begin!

A few weeks before Matthew and I got married, a big change happened in our life. Okay, so it wasn’t a really big change but at the time it was a big change. When we were stationed in Kingsland, Georgia Matthew would go to work for five days straight and then come home for five days straight. It had some pros and cons. One of pros was that my brother-in-law was on the same schedule so when they were at work my sister and I had a lot of girl time since when the guys were home we didn’t talk to each other that much because we were enjoying the time we had together. Then, out of nowhere, Matthew got switched to different schedules so I got pretty lonely, pretty fast. It was a good thing because that is when I met my good friend Becky, but at the time I was just super lonely. That is when we decided that it was time to expand our family!
Meet Soto







When we first got Soto she was a tiny little bugger.


She was also a facebook addict

And, a little stuck up. She only ate certain brands of food and always has her nails done


She's super sweet, and is a little attention getter. I always joke that she's like a dog because she likes to play fetch and loves to rough house. Speaking of dog......


We decided that when we moved to North Carolina and found out that Matthew was deploying that it was time to get a guard dog. We also have ADT, so just try breaking into my house robber! We went to petsmart national adoption day with full intentions of adopting a little puppy.  But, we fell in love with this guy. 


Meet Buddy

This is what buddy looked like in his poor little crate. I knew it was love at first sight when he got so excited to meet me that he knocked me over. He name was originally Prince, but like any good adoptive parents we got rid of that name fast.

He loves getting his picture taken

And he loves taking naps

Sometimes he sleeps like this

and sometimes he sleeps like this


 All in all we were so blessed to have adopted such a happy and great dog. He's a little hyper, but he's still just a puppy. A sixty-two pound puppy, but a puppy nonetheless. I may curse his name every now and then because he wakes me up in the middle of the night, because he's a hole digger, and a chew anything in his sight type of dog. But I love him to pieces! Okay, fur mama bragging done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment