Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Military Monday: Sticker Crazy!




WARNING: I might have gone a tad bit sticker crazy and this may have been the cheesiest thing you’ve ever scene. Oh! and I am NOT a professional photographer by any means.

For this “Military Monday” I thought I would share a recent care package I made for Matthew. Matthew loves sweets and snacks. Loves would be an understatement. I wanted to give him the sweets he wants but still find a cute way to do it so. So, with the help of google and pinterest, this is what I came up with.

First off, you need to decorate the box.
(Pardon my terrible penmanship)




then of course Buddy and Soto needed to decorate something too :)


Now for the super cheesy stuff, Matthew's treats.





He absolutely loves the Arnold Palmer ice tea lemonade. Luckily, before he left I found the most perfect thing ever for him! 

I told you it was cheesy......
Oh! And, he could live on fruit and cream oatmeal 
Of course, every care package needs some "not so fun" stuff like hygiene products


And, laundry detergent. I add a little lavender essential oil to my powered detergent so he'll love it :)

Then of course no care package is complete without some photos

Since Matthew is on a ship, the chances of getting to skype are slim to none. So, we made sure we got him a pelican case for his laptop and we are sending flash drives back and forth with little messages so we can at least see each others faces. I had to make sure I wrote PG because people automatically assume you are sending some risque.  

I also sent him a book that got great reviews, I bought the wife version of the same book For Better or For Best "understanding your husband". I thought what better time for him to read this type of book than when he's bored on a ship for months! :)

He likes opening presents, so I just wrapped the book in plain paper and stickers.


Now, for the Best.Card.Ever! Matthew always teases me that I "love" the amish because it just so happens that a lot of my favorite books and authors are written about the amish. It's sort of a running joke, so I found the perfect card to send with the care package :)

Haha, too clever right? I know, sometimes I'm too cool for my own good.

Then of course I had to write a big explanation pleading him to read the book I sent, so I covered the card in stickers too :)

Then, I just had to assemble it.

And there you go! The cheesiest care package ever, and he's going to love it! 



 “Three things will last forever—faith, hope and love—and the greatest of these is love” -1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment