Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

MIA:Explained

So, I have been an awful  blogger lately. I don't eve think awful can cover it. Basically, I suck. But, I wanted to give you all an update to why I have been considering missing in action. Here is a little idea of whats been going on lately.....

At first I wasn't blogging because I was crazy busy with school and preparing for Matthew's homecoming. I have been preparing for homecoming since the day he left, but I still felt like I had a million things to do before he got home. I actually was writing a few blog posts to be posted once he got home regarding what I did to prepare and fun things like that. Sweet right?

I don't know you any of you guys watch the news, personally I have learned not to, but there is a lot of stuff going on along the Gaza strip. I understand as a Christian, I should support God's people in Israel and all that jazz. But, I really wish people would just get their crap together. Now that it is not violating OPSEC,  I can say that Matthew was supposed to be home yesterday...November 25th after a long 8 months. Some marines were supposed to be home as early as the 23rd or 24th. However, as you can see by the lack of a homecoming post, homecoming did not happen yesterday.

The 24th MEU was in route home. And by in route I mean that they were in the atlantic ocean and were just a week away from being home when we received word from the command that because of the conflict occurring overseas, homecoming was postponed until further notice. Yep...they definitely turned the ships around and headed to stand by incase they were needed. That was a week ago and we still have no word on when they are coming home. The only "official" word we have received is that there is no "official" word on when they will be returning. It can be a week, a month, or even as far off as February. Needless to say we are not happy about it.

Now, please do not lecture me about the fact that "well that's the Marines for you". This is not my first rodeo regarding the fact that Matthew has missed important days of the year, or things like our PCS date being delayed by 6 months. When you spend 8 months looking forward to being lucky enough to have your husband home for Christmas, and then that dream being compromised...you are entitled to be upset...possibly even bitter. I have went through all of the stages of emotions.
Denial: Oh, they'll be home. Things will calm down and they will be home just a little late.
Anger: Hell hath no fury like a marine wife dealing with an extension. Freaking Marine Corps...I don't curse often. But you'd be surprised by the words that came out of my mouth.
Bitterness: I'm just never getting my husband back. I possibly just made him up in my head. I know he exists but I'm beginning to forget what his kisses are like, what he smells like after he showers, his facial expressions when I try to get him to eat asparagus for the millionth time, or even what it's like to have someone else sleeping with me in my bed
Emotional Eating: The weekend I found out that he wasn't coming home...I may or may not have eaten an entire medium pizza..and may or may not have washed it down with an entire 2 liter of soda.
Acceptance: He probably won't be home for Christmas. But, I still put up my tree and stockings. And, I'm probably going to Indiana by myself to be with my family for the holidays.


I realize that an extension isn't the worst thing that can happen to me on a deployment, but I'm still upset about it. More so upset because we are completely in the dark about when they will be home. So, I am asking you all to please pray for me, the other wives, the marines and their families. If praying is your thing please send good vibes, juju, or cross your fingers. I just want my husband home more than you can possibly imagine. But, that is why I have been missing for so long. I was preparing for homecoming, and then grieving for the lack of homecoming. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be posting my homecoming pictures, but until then please just keep us all in your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment