Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bragging About My Matthew



So, as one can see by the title of this post, I'm bragging about my husband. I try not to play the doting wife, at least not publicly anyway. But, the closer it comes for Matthew to get home the more excited I get about him brushing off his camera. He didn't get a chance to really take a lot of photos since the marine corpse didn't give him a lot of time to just chill out. But lets face it when you only get a few times a week to really kick back a relax the, the las thing you want to do is chase your wife around the house with the "good" camera trying to catch images for her blog. I have a feeling that will change when he comes home. 


So, a little back story about Matthew, the boy can take some photos. He worked for the newspaper during his first, and only, year of college. So when he told me that he was really into photography, I honestly took it with a grain of salt. Let's face it. Now days, anyone with a digital camera and photo shop is a "photographer". I didn't realize he was completely serious until he took this picture.. 
This was taken over two years ago. My brother in law was playing the xbox and Parker was really into it. This picture was just taken on a whim to show my sister what he could do before he took Parker's three month photos. No photoshop I might add! Well, other than added the signature. 





 Parker did NOT like taking pictures with me that day. Look how upset he was. Luckily, he love for Aunt KayKay has grown drastically.








His mommy, however, was his one and only love that day. This is honestly one of my favorite pictures of them together. It looks so precious.







A little while later, Matthew took these cute photos of Parker. Very "moto" but I think they are awesome!


















 Then, a little later on that summer he took his camera with him during his families visit during Labor day. Here are just a few shots from that day..




Then, later the following summer, I conned him into taking some pictures of me and my sisters during my sister Kia's visit. 












Now I understand you won't see his work in the cover of a magazine any time soon, but I am still pretty proud. And excited. You see, he has a tripod as well. Can you say hello Christmas card photos? Plus I am so glad he can work his way around a camera so we can have a decent photographs of our future children running around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment