Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Call Me Nurse Karen

Deployments are awful. I think I have adequately established that in previous posts. But, the absolute worst part of having your husband deployed? He's not there to take care of you when you are sick. On the other hand, that's why you need to have a great and strong circle of friends.
I had the honor of playing nurse to a dear friend of mine who had surgery to remove a cyst on her ovary. Sadly, they had to remove the ovary as well but that's when best friends come into play. We have reached the level of "holding hair back while puking" of our friendship. That's when you know you're bff's. She has recovered well and is already back to school.As great of nurses that me and our other good friend were, there is something different about having your husband taking care of you when you were sick. Pray for her! I have to have oral surgery for my wisdom teeth in the beginning for September, so pray for me too!


Oh! And I decided to have fun as cheer my friend up about having a bum ovary...

No comments:

Post a Comment