Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

super late birthday post

 Well, now that it's June I thought I'd post about my birthday gifts from Matthew. Better late than never right? This year was the big 2 0 for me. I was just excited that I'm no longer a "teenager" and saying that I'm married at 20 seems to get less weird reactions than when I said was married when I was 18 and 19. Now, I only have to start looking like I'm twenty rather than 17 and I'll be set to go! 


This was the third year in a row that I wasn't able to see Matthew on my birthday. The first year I was in Indiana and he was in Georgia. Last year, we were stationed in Georgia and he was doing his 5 day rotation at work on my birthday. And this year, he was obviously deployed. It was still a great birthday! I went to Georgia to see my best friend and her family. They made my birthday awesome! 




Every year I get an ice cream cake. It's the only time of the year I eat it. My outlook is that even if I have nothing special to look forward to, I know that I am getting my ice cream cake. It's lame, I know, but it's just something that I do every year and Becky didn't forget! I am so grateful to have such amazing friends! 



My frist initial gift from Matthew was something that I picked out on my own and Matthew just gave the okay for me to get it. I found it on Etsy from this shop and for the date I put the day we started dating, 11-05-09. I put that date rather than our wedding date because that was the day God really gave me him. He bought me something when he ported in Spain but I didn't receive it until May 31.

When we went to Disney World for our honeymoon I commented on the fact that I wanted a "Karen" type small purse that would fit my keys, my phone and some cash. He remembered me saying that and bought me this amazing leather and suede bag when they ported in Spain. He said he was walking past the shop, saw it and thought of me. I married the greatest man in the world! So even though this post is almost a month late, I had an amazing birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment