Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Appliance Love

We're all guilty of it. Whether it be newly married or moving out on your own into your first place, we've all bought that crappy first vacuum cleaner. It took probably a good two months before Matthew and I bought our first vacuum. It was that fifty dollar Walmart special that was "such a good deal". It was a great little vacuum at first. But then as soon as we got our cat, it seemed like it started losing suction. I don't know if it's just me or what, but I love seeing those lines are my carpet that makes my carpet feel so clean. Well, with my pervious vacuum, the lines went away probably about six months after we bought it. When we moved to North Carolina and adopted buddy, the vacuum turned into just a joke. I clogged all of the time and after hours of taking it apart and cleaning it, it would clog up the next use. I'm not sure if it's because of the animal hair or it was just a bad vacuum. One thing I was sure of, was that I needed a new vacuum stat! 


In a perfect world where my husband was higher ranking or I had my degree, I would have gotten a Dyson. My sister has had her Dyson for years and absolutely loves it. However, right now we just can't fathom spending that much on a vacuum. In a few years, maybe it can be a tax check purchase. But as for this moment in time, I had to find a great vacuum, in our prices range, and also that will last for more than a year. I looked around and asked around with some of my friends. I decided to buy this baby. 
You can read all about the features and such here. Basically if I could be in love with a household appliance, it would be the Shark Navigator Lift Away. The perfect lines are back in my carpet. The canister is full of pet hair, and my carpet actually looks clean. Now, I've only had it for a few days but it came with all of the warranties so if it breaks I am sending that bad boy back! I never thought I'd see the day that I would be so excited to get a new vacuum, but that day came and it is amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment