Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wedding Flash Back

 Every so often, when I'm really missing Matthew, I flash back to our wedding day. I think of all the details I put into my wedding and it makes me so happy. Well, other than my caterer and wedding Dj. They were absolutely horrible. But, that's a story for another day. Other than those issues, I was so proud that my hard work paid off. Matthew Proposed on October 13th, 2010. We had a rather short engagement because he was getting orders to a new duty station. I had a little over 4 and 1/2 months to plan the wedding. It was very difficult because we were stationed in Georgia, my family was in Indiana and his was in Louisiana. If it weren't for my sister, Coni, and my aunt, Jae,  I'm not sure I would have pulled it off.




Besides my dress, my absolute favorite detail of my wedding was my bouquet. As much as I would love to have have real flowers, it just wasn't me. I decided to make my bouquet out of old brooches, buttons and ear rings. My aunt and I went through a ton of antique and thrift shops looking for the perfect pieces. I wasn't really looking for the perfect matching pieces, just something that felt like me. It was also great that my mother had costume jewelry that belonged to my great grandmother that I was able to incorporate with my bouquet. Jae also gave me some brooches to add for a little something extra. I also added some beads and feathers to give it a little pizzazz. It took a lot of time, and hard work make it but it was beyond worth it. I now have something I can keep forever and pass down through my family. 







My Aunt Jae also gave me the great idea to put a cameo brooch on the sash of my dress! She bought me the most perfect cameo brooch that had a slight hint of blue for my "something blue". We also decided to have my bridesmaids wear cameo brooches too so that they sort of matched me in a way. It was a perfect idea!

Then of course I have to talk about my jewelry. My step-grandma amazing grandmother let me borrow a set of her pearls for my wedding day. It was actually great because my sister Coni wore than on her wedding day as well. We both laugh and say now our other sister, Kia, has to wear them too!
I am so thankful that even though it wasn't the perfect wedding, it was perfect to me. My friends and  family were there, and I married my best friend.  Plus, the little details made my day even better than if I had the finest jewels or most expensive dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment