Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

BINGO!

Sorry for the lack of "Military Monday" post this week. I haven't made Matthew any new care packages since he hasn't even received his last care package! I know, it is ridiculous. I am hoping to think of some great idea's for care packages while I'm home. Maybe a day at the circus with all sorts of goodies? Or, a box of sunshine. Who knows, I'm open to suggestions though! But I did manage to do something great on Monday, something not related to the military which is a nice change of pace.

 In my family, for the older generation, bingo is life! They have different nights of the week that they play at different places and for different amounts of money. I remember being younger and getting yelled at because I got into my grandmothers bingo daubers. I would put them all over my arms because I thought they were just fun stamps. She always used to rub my head for luck before she left and she'd always win a little something. Flash forward to my 18th birthday and I was actually more excited about the fact that I was now old enough to go play bingo than the fact that I was a legal adult. I never got to go play with my great aunts though because I ended up moving and I refused to go play without them.


So last night, shortly after my 20th birthday, I accompanied my great aunt Bonnie and my great aunt Diane to Monday night bingo at the Eagles.  I was beyond excited and convinced myself that I was going to win something big. I didn't end up winning but I did have a great time! Bingo is for some serious people though. It took me a little while to get used to it and actually know what I was doing. I felt like I couldn't even really get a second to look at my card before they called another number.

All it all it was a really great night because I got to visit with my family I haven't seen in a long time!


Oh in a non-bingo related note. My dog is awesome. I have added a picture of my favorite co-pilot!




No comments:

Post a Comment