Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Parker's Birthday Present!

I'm sure you can guess by my past posts, I love being an aunt. The best part of being an aunt is spoiling your nieces and nephews rotten. I've been an aunt since I was in kindergarten, since I am the youngest girl on my fathers kids. I have three nieces and two nephews, so by the time Parker came around I was a seasoned pro. It also helps that up until last month, he was my only nephew or niece that lived in the same city as me. My favorite thing to celebrate with Parker is his birthday. He was born April 22nd and made quite a dramatic entrance into the world a month early. I decided this year I was going to make Parker his own book full of people that love and miss him. It works out because he can "read" it himself too. So armed with a "book" kit from a craft store dollar isle, card stalk, mod podge and my silhouette machine, I made it happen. This is what I came up with.

I wanted to make the cover something that Parker could identify and that was still personal so I decided to do trains since he is really into Thomas right now.

I tried to make it very "Dr. Seuss" and tried my take on rhyming. Here is what it says on the inside. Now that you live so far away, here are some people who miss you every day! Its easier to see in person.

Then I made a "page" for every person in my house back home who loves Parker.






I was honestly stumped on the ending so I just settled for putting: You are so loved"
Then the back is just a personalized "property of" design.

I thought this idea was great because for the fist time since he's been born that he doesn't have any of us living by him. We also wanted to get him something he could play with now so we picked up one of these bad boys

Like I said before, he is really into Thomas so I hope he loves playing with it especially since it's warm out now so he can play with it indoors or outdoors. But there you have it, Parker's birthday present. What is even better is that we will be able to give it to him just a few days after the actual day of his birthday since we will be going through South Carolina on our way home. I'll be posting a video of his reaction, hopefully, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment