Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Moving: Part 2


This isn't my first rodeo when it comes to moving. When I was eighteen, I moved from Indiana to Florida. Later that same year, I moved to Georgia. Then, when I was nineteen we moved to North Carolina. Now, at twenty we are moving to Louisiana! All of my previous moves were done without movers. Needless to say, I am ecstatic about having a moving company this time around.

One downside to having a moving company move your things over different states is that you get to the destination way before your things do in most cases. We are swinging by South Carolina on the way home and still have a handful of days before the trucks with our belongings. I'm sort of excited because it reminds me of when we when we hard hardly anything in our first apartment and we slept on an air mattress. We are taking a few things with us in the car and truck with us that we will need and things that are irreplaceable. These are things like our wedding box, individual memory boxes,  photos and the contents of our safe. Hopefully all of those items, along with my wedding dress will go in the truck.

We also need some essentials since we want to stay in the new house immediately. I will be taking a "kitchen" box full of just basic things we can use like; a single skillet, plates, bowls, cups and utensils. I actually bought a set of bowls, plates and cups at Walmart that were four a dollar to bring since they won't break and are easy to clean. Then we can save them for summer BBQs!

Then, I'm just taking whatever pantry items the movers won't move. Any open bag or container they will not move, I know, bummer. We are also throwing in some pantry items that we can cook without needing an entire kitchen set up. It seems like a lot of hassle, but unlike when we moved the first time, we will be on a strict budget that means we won't be able to go out to eat or order take out until our things arrive.

We will also be bringing our trusty air mattress and a few linens  in a space safer. Luckily, we also have  a small TV that we're bringing to watch movies since we wont have cable either. Aside from our toiletries and clothes, the only other things coming with us personally are the animals, their supplies and the "no pile" from the movers. The no pile with have things that the movers can't  move like a propane tank and air sol cans. So far the moving process has been pretty smooth, the hardest part being trying to deal with transferring our security system. Curse you ADT! Tomorrow the moving company is coming to start packing up, so I'll keep everyone posted about how that goes. Please pray for us, as it is a very stressful time! Keep a look out for part 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment