Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Direction.

Well, since it's officially a new year... I thought I would grace the blogging world with my presence. I know, it's been a while. I'm a terrible blogger. But, I'd just like to say that my hiatus hasn't been by choice, it was more of a need. A lot has happened since we've moved to Louisiana. I decided that until we "settle" that I would hold off on blogging. Honestly? It's because probably 80% of my posts would have been emotional nagging posts, and no one likes a nagging blogger. So here's what everyone has missed in the last few months.

Employment: When we decided to apply for an early EAS date from the Marine Corps, we had a plan. What's that old saying? If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans? I would have to say that we probably provided a lot of laughs for the big man. If anyone has me on Facebook, you'll already know that our original employment plans fell through. We had saved plenty, or so we thought,and hoped to be receiving regular paychecks by early July at the latest. A set in stone job, fell though. Plan B, fell through. This is why we found ourselves in August without Matthew being employed. I was fortunate to have a nanny job lined up to help a little, but it's not a lot. After applying to every police station/sheriffs departments within a hours drive from our house, he finally got a call in the middle of August from the local sheriffs department that he applied to a few months ago. He needed to get POST certified, meaning he needed to go to the police academy. We are blessed enough that the department sent him to the academy at the beginning of September and he became an "official" graduate of the academy in December. He's officially a sheriffs deputy for our local parish.  If you haven't figured it out, it was almost 5 months without a steady income. We're blessed beyond measure that Matthew's family was able to help us in anyway that they could. But it was still a stressful time, which is the main reason for the lack of blogging. My anxiety was through the roof, but things are finally looking up.

Living Arrangements: Again, we are so blessed in this department. Matthew's family owns a house that has been in his family for generations. And when I say that, I mean literally since it was built in the late 1890's. It's a beautiful 4 bedroom former plantation house that has been vacant since my mother-in-law moved out when she was remarried nearly two years ago. There are a million DIY projects I have planned, and will be showing progress as they happen. I'll post some "official tour" photos soon, along with some before and afters!

Change it "Title": The saying goes "once a marine, always a marine". But I don't feel like it's always the same for marine wives. I will always be thankful for my time as a marine wife, and will always support my friends and family who still are marine wives but I don't "feel" like a marine wife anymore. So, that being said, I am officially changing my title from "marine wife" to "police officer's wife". Some things are what I'm used to, such as crazy work schedules but other things are different. Before, I only had to "worry" about Matthew for the 9 months that he was deployed. Now, I have to worry every time he leave our home for his shift. So, please, say an extra prayer for Matthew's safety and extra prayer for my anxiety! It's going to be an adjustment but an adventure all in the same.

So, rather than the adventures of being a marine wive, my blog will now be about my time as a police officer's wife in Louisiana. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with everyone, and the recipes/DIY projects I've been working on. So, I welcome you to join me on my new adventure. It's going to be a crazy, wonderful and beautiful ride.

1 comment:

  1. We haven't been out of the MC as long as yall, but I totally feel the same way about feeling like a marine wife. I cant wait to see your projects and get some new yummy recipes from you :)

    ReplyDelete