Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mind.Blown.



An amazing mural in the gymnasium 

Today was a fabulous day! Okay maybe the word fabulous isn't the best, but all in all it was a pretty great day. During the morning and afternoon I did a bit of playing house wife and doing some organizing projects, more on organization later! But what really put a gold star on the day was my evening. M was stuck working for the night so that left me with oodles of possibilities for my evening. What was my choice exactly? Dinner with a good friend, Jessie, at a delicious pizzeria on base! Now, I must say that normally I like a good portion of protein included into my meals but I decided to try something new and go with a veggie calzone. A good decision on my part I must say. It was delicious and they gave you a generous portion size so for one price I got my dinner and my lunch for tomorrow. Jessie works for the newspaper on base and her assignment for the day was to cover the wrestling match at the high school on base. Fun fact, when I was younger I used to wrestle! And by younger I do mean when I was probably in kindergarten. It was a fun experience even for being a small girl. I decided to go with Jessie and help give the in and outs of wrestling so she could write a great story. I'm no expert but I was able to remember some things to help her out. The absolute best part of my day was watching the first wrestling match of the meet. She was a junior at the school and it was only her third match of her wrestling career. She. Blew. My. Mind. She wrestled in the 180 weight class I believe. But don't be fooled, she didn't have one ounce of fat. She had pure muscle and held her ground against her male opponent. Although she didn't win the match, she won in my book. She completed each round without getting pinned, again a great win in my book! After interviewing her coach my admiration for her increased even more! According to her coach she has no idea what she is doing as far as knowing actual moves because she is from Liberia and there is still a language barrier. Imagine how much she will improve my next season if she has already won two out of three of her only matches without knowing a single wrestling move! I know my ramble may seem a little obsessive but she honestly just blew my mind. Just seeing how well she stood out in a sport meant for males gave a little ray of sunshine in my day! I can only hope that my future daughter, well even sons for that matter, have even just half of the determination she displayed. Okay, no more rambling! I plan on making a batch of homemade powder laundry detergent tomorrow. I will post pictures and directions on how to do so along with the post. Well, until tomorrow!  

A blurry photo but she literally flipped him over!


Inspiration:
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and be not bitter against them-Colossians 3:18&19

No comments:

Post a Comment